The organisers invite preliminary suggestions for sessions. A list of topics already under consideration can be seen below, suggestions both within and outside this list are welcome, especially in novel and developing areas of Quaternary science. Contact the Chair of the Scientific Programme, Keith Bennett.
Specific topics under consideration within the Congress theme “Life on the Edge”:
- Future water, palaeohydrology and water resources
- Human-environment interaction in the Quaternary: sources of evidence
- BRITICE –CHRONO: the timing of the collapse of the British-Irish Ice Sheet
- The collapse of the last great ice sheets: a model for future change?
- Applied Quaternary geoscience
- Quaternary engineering geology and geotechnics
- The Anthropocene: real or imagined?
- Modelling future climate trends
- Global sea-levels of the 21st Century
- Sedimentary archives of climate change
- Archaeological records in Quaternary archives
- Proxy records of climate and environmental change
- Interglacial climates and environments
- The monsoon: past, present and future
- Climates of the Southern Hemisphere
- Hazards, disasters and responses from a Quaternary science perspective
- Oceans, Ice caps and environmental change
- Environmental impacts of volcanic eruptions
Ensure that you join the congress newsletter to receive regular updates.