Abstract Submission Now Closed
Notification of authors: Monday, 4th March 2019
The official language of the Congress is English.
US Government Employees
All US Government employees whose abstract submission is affected by the current US Government shutdown, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance with your submission.
Important Information for Authors
- All abstracts are submitted via an online submission system. Please register with the abstract submission website and establish your username and password.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you must use the same login for each abstract.
- The maximum length of an abstract is 450 words. Please ensure that research findings are described to a level sufficient for reviewers to make an informed decision on scientific quality. Abstracts that fail to meet these criteria will be rejected.
- Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract – these are entered online during the submission process.
- You can alter your abstract at any time up to the submission deadline of 13th January 2019 (23:59 GMT) – after this date, changes will not be possible.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and any abstract that was submitted for oral presentation, but was unsuccessful in that regard, will be considered for poster presentation.
- Each author may present a maximum of one oral and one poster presentation at the Congress.
- Please note that at least one author must register in full to attend and present the abstract at the Congress.
Submitting an abstract is a 3-step process. We strongly recommend that you complete your submission at one time.
Step 1: Register on the system
We are using a dedicated website for abstract submission and you must first register on the system.
Step 2: Submit your abstract
Submitting an abstract requires that you complete a questionnaire for each abstract. Some questions are mandatory (marked with an asterisk) and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered. You will be required to provide the names and affiliations of all authors, confirmation that all authors have approved the submission and the INQUA commission and session to which you are submitting your abstract. You will also be able to indicate your preferred mode of presentation.
Step 3: Confirmation e-mail
You will receive an e-mail confirming that your submission has been received. The subject of the mail will indicate if your submission is complete or incomplete. An incomplete submission may have an answer that is unfinished or you may have exceeded the word limit for the abstract. Incomplete submissions will not go for review. You must log back into the submission system, click on the title of the abstract and complete it. Once complete you will receive the confirmation e-mail.
Detailed instructions on how to upload your abstract are available here.
Amending a Submission
Once submitted, you may wish to amend your submission. You can do this at any time up to the deadline of 13th January 2019 (23:59 GMT) – after this date, changes will not be possible.
- Log in to the abstract submission system.
- You will see the abstract(s) that you have submitted. Click on the abstract title to open the file.
- Amending an abstract is just the same as the original submission process except that the online form will be automatically filled in with the answers that you gave previously. You don’t have to change an answer if you don’t want to.
- Once you click “Submit”, your changes will be saved and you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended. Your changes will not be recorded if you fail to click “Submit”. You will also receive an e-mail confirming that an amendment has been made to your abstract.
Authors are welcome to submit abstracts under the following congress commissions:
- Coastal and Marine Processes
- Humans and Biosphere
- Stratigraphy and Chronology
- Terrestrial Processes, Deposits and History
The full list of sessions per INQUA commission is available here
Any questions relating to abstract submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org