In contrast to many other European areas where industrialisation and dense settlement patterns have taken their toll, Ireland boasts a wealth of well-preserved Quaternary features. Almost all of the sites can be reached within a few hours from Dublin and the Dublin Convention Centre. This makes them ideal for Mid-Congress trips.
A little further afield but still within easy reach by road and air are fabulous coastal and inland sites in Ireland, Scotland and England. We encourage you to partake in fieldtrips either before, during or after the Congress. Please the links below to see what fieldtrips are on offer.
Important Information for Fieldtrip Attendees to Note:
- Attendees are responsible for arranging their own travel between the trips and the INQUA Congress in Dublin.
- Attendees should purchase their own travel insurance to cover for any accidents, delayed flights, costs of missing the departure rendezvous etc.
- All tours are subject to minimum numbers being met. We urge attendees of the pre- and post- congress tours not to finalise your travel arrangements until after the field trip has been confirmed at the end of March 2019 to ensure that minimum numbers are secured and the tour will take place.
- The QRA, IQUA and the INQUA 2019 Congress are not responsible for any costs incurred by participants due to cancellation of non-viable field trips.
- All trips will depart and/or begin at the scheduled time. Please note that trip departures from meeting designated points cannot be delayed for no shows or latecomers.
- No refunds will be made for delegates who miss their designated departure time.
- Delegates who register for a tour or fieldtrip agree that registration information (name, email address and phone number) will be provided to the field trip co-ordinating leader only, in order for them to liaise directly with attendees regarding their specific tour/field trip. All personal information will be disposed of by data recipients immediately following the scheduled trip.
- All field trip instructions and content will be given in English only.
- All field trip attendees must purchase IQUA membership for 2019 at a cost of €10.